Fight Gum Disease and Improve Your Oral Health
When you think of oral care, you may think of preventing problems such as bad breath, gum disease, dry mouth, cavities, and other common oral health issues. While these are all very important, you must also understand the effect that your oral health has on your overall well-being.
In the mouth, saliva contains many compounds that are important to oral health and disease prevention. One group of compounds found in saliva is antioxidants. A review of university-based research reveals multiple publications over the past decade that all show low levels of salivary antioxidants, and low TAC (total antioxidant capacity) in many oral diseases, including xerostomia (dry mouth), periodontitis, TMJ, and even oral cancer.
For years, studies have shown that inflammation from gum disease can lead to cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and other illnesses. Recently, poor gum health has actually been linked to pregnancy complications and premature birth.
It is a serious problem, and luckily McKinney Dentist has the solution for you: Topically applied antioxidants for the oral cavity (or mouth or gums) by PerioSciences®.
Why Use Antioxidants from PerioSciences?
Our patients are using AO Pro products from PerioSciences to improve the following conditions:
- Dry mouth caused by medications or cancer treatment
- Poor gum health and disease caused by nicotine, tobacco, or alcohol consumption
- Gum irritation after teeth bleaching, oral surgery, veneers, dental implants, and crowns
The topical antioxidant technology is available in an oral rinse, or a soothing gel that can be applied directly to the inflamed gum areas. The AO family of products also have a unique blend of essential oils, menthol, and thymol that will freshen breath, and help those with halitosis.
One of our North Texas dentists, Dr. Jeff Lynch, recently performed a procedure consisting of laser gingival re-contouring and porcelain veneers on a 27-year-old female patient. Immediately after the procedure, significant gum inflammation, swelling, and redness were apparent.
After applying AO ProVantage twice daily for 5 days after the procedure, a significant reduction in swelling, inflammation, and redness were observed, and complete wound-healing occurred.
Benefits of Signing Up for a McKinney Dentist Store Account
- It’s free!
- These products are available exclusively from your dental health care professional.
- Save time at checkout, and ensure fast processing on all of your orders.
- Provides easy payment processing, shipment tracking, and delivery right to your door.
- No out-of-network fees or hidden costs.
Your Oral Health is Very Important
All you have to do is:
1. CLICK the DDS Store image to the right
2. REGISTER by entering a username and password
3. ORDER from the exclusive, dental professional web store
It’s that simple!