Sedation Dentistry: Melting Away Your Dental Fears, Anxieties, and Worries!
Have you just found out from your dentist that you will need quite an extensive amount of dental work completed? Or maybe you just need one tooth fixed. This causes millions of people to be extremely anxious, worried, or nervous, and as a result, they do nothing. This just makes their problems get worse.
Rest assured, our highly-skilled McKinney Dentists are dedicated to making your dental appointment comfortable and anxiety-free. We have many years of experience providing worry-free results, while placing our patients’ comfort at the forefront. Our dental team wants you and your family to be as relaxed as possible!
- We routinely perform sedation dentistry as a safe and effective avenue to melt your worries, anxieties, and fears away.
- We have an unwavering desire to perform procedures with minimal pain and discomfort.
- Patients who undergo invasive procedures or who have dental anxiety all agree that sedation dentistry is the only way to go.
At McKinney Dentist, three forms of sedation are used: nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral sedation, or IV sedation. Depending on several variables (medical history and current medications, etc), our highly trained dentists will choose and deliver the sedation dentistry method that is best for your health and your comfort.
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is actually offered free of charge at McKinney Dentist— not many other dental offices can say that! Most patients prefer this sedation method so they can relax throughout their entire dental treatment. This is available for all procedures, even routine cleanings!
For our patients who exhibit higher anxiety, more fear, or who have gagging problems, we provide oral sedation. After taking the combination of pills that we provide, we closely monitor your vital signs to ensure your safety throughout your entire treatment.
Patients experience drowsiness, and become extremely relaxed after the pills are consumed. Typically, patients do not remember anything about their appointment! With oral sedation, you will not be put to sleep, but rather, in this relaxed, care-free state, patients often fall asleep. You will still be able to respond effectively to the dentist and team members.
Rest assured, our highly-skilled McKinney Dentists are dedicated to making your dental appointment as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible.
Lastly, we offer IV sedation that is safely administered by our board certified anesthesiologist. We monitor your vitals throughout the entire procedure, while we efficiently provide the dental treatments you need. This is suitable for patients who want to be completely asleep for the entire procedure, usually done for surgical and longer procedures. IV sedation allows the patient to sleep, from the beginning to the end of the appointment!
When scheduling your appointment, you should take into consideration how much recovery time you will have immediately after your treatment.
- We know that some patients who are receiving faster treatments (fillings, etc) do not need a longer recovery time, and they must return back to work or to school after their appointment.
- If you must receive numbing agents during your procedure, we offer Oraverse® to our patients.
- Oraverse reverses numbing within approximately 20 to 30 minutes by breaking down the anesthetic agents used during your treatment.
- Now you can still return to work after your appointment— without the numbing effects, of course!
If you would like to receive your dental treatments with our sedation dentistry methods, or with Oraverse, we encourage you to schedule your consultation with McKinney Dentist. Opting for sedation dentistry, your fears, worries, and anxiety will be alleviated!