Fight cavities before they fight you, with dental sealants! Preventative dentistry is the front line in the battle against tooth decay. There are many different preventative measures which can be used to fight tooth decay. But, if you’re looking to stop cavities BEFORE they happen, then consider getting dental sealants at McKinney Dentist.
Dental sealants are a cutting edge preventative measure against plaque, bacteria, and cavities. Dental sealants are made from a thin plastic coating, either clear or white in color, which flows into the natural grooves of your teeth. This plastic coating forms a protective shield against bacteria, acids, food particles, and plaque. Ultimately, this prevents cavities and tooth decay.
The quality cosmetic dentists at McKinney Dentist make the dental sealant procedure quick, easy, and painless.
The dental sealant procedure
- Removing the tooth structure is not needed, therefore there is no anesthesia, shots, or drilling.
- The tooth is first cleaned, then a trained dental hygienist applies a special gel on the chewing surface for a few seconds, before washing it off and drying your tooth.
- Afterwards, the sealant is painted precisely on your tooth.
- A bright curing light is then applied to help harden the sealant, which takes only seconds.
It’s clear that dental sealants are quick and easy, so why not fight cavities before they even appear? Dental sealants are long lasting, and most have a longevity of 5 to 10 years!
Dental sealants are often recommended for teenagers and children, because tooth decay usually begins at an early age. It is also recommended that dental sealants be applied to the back molars, because they are some of the hardest to reach parts of your mouth.
If you’re ready to fight tooth decay before it starts, let the dentists at McKinney Dentist help you! These dentists serve all of North Texas, and are ready to provide you with high quality dental care. These doctors have extensive experience in the dental field, and provide their patients with an array of services. The services offered at McKinney dentist include preventative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, general and restorative dentistry, comprehensive dentistry, in addition to surgery and sedation dentistry.
If you are ready to fight tooth decay before it starts, get dental sealants! McKinney Dentist is here to help you! If you’re interested in a brighter, healthier smile, call McKinney Dentist for a complementary consultation at 972-54-SMILE (76453)
If you are a North Texas resident whose smile shows more gums than teeth, cosmetic gum lifts may be the solution for you. A gum lift procedure is a simple way to rejuvenate your smile and turn it into something you’ll be proud of. If you are tired of your “gummy-smile”, find a cosmetic dentist who is experienced in gum lift procedures.
The “gummy smile” often occurs because of an overgrowth of gum tissue which covers the parts of your teeth which should be showing when you smile. This can lead to a smile which may make you uncomfortable and self-conscious. Your smile should only be a boost to your self-confidence, and if you are tired of overgrown gums consider having a gum-lift procedure.
What is a gum lift procedure?
- A gum lift procedure, also called “aesthetic crown lengthening”, is a simple procedure that can often be achieved in one sitting. During this procedure, you will be gently sedated before a trained dentist lifts and re-shapes part of your gums. This will create appropriate tooth contouring and positioning, creating an aesthetically pleasing smile.
- In addition, your teeth will become longer and the natural contours of your smile will be exposed. Because your gum tissue is attached to the bone, your bones sometimes have to be altered as well. However, your highly trained Mckinney Dentist will perform this procedure with care so that you will undergo the most minimal amount of pain. Additionally, your gum tissue heals fast so the recovery period is swift and easy.
- If you are unhappy with a “gummy smile” and are considering an aesthetic crown lengthening procedure, look no further than the doctors at McKinney Dentist. The trained cosmetic dentistry professionals at McKinney Dentist perform a plethora of dental treatments and procedures, using state-of-the-art technology to give you the best results possible.
Call us today!
At McKinney Dentist, your health and comfort come first. These doctors are concerned about both your dental health, and the sense of self-confidence that your smile provides. They want you to have both a healthy smile and a healthy self-image. They provide a variety of dental services including preventative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, general and restorative dentistry, comprehensive dentistry, in addition to surgical and sedation dentistry.
The team of doctors at McKinney Dentist have over 75 years of combined experience, so they have the knowledge and expertise needed to get you the life-changing results you deserve. If you are interested in fixing your gummy smile, call McKinney Dentist for a complementary consultation at 792-54-SMILE (76453).
If you are an adult and if you are uncomfortable with your teeth, don’t settle for metal braces. Metal braces can be uncomfortable, and as an adult you may feel as if you’ve outgrown them.The dental professionals at McKinney Dentist are here to give North Texans other options in cosmetic dentistry, including adult braces.
Invisalign, sometimes referred to as clear braces, is a system of aligners made of polymer plastic which straighten teeth over the course of 6 months to 2 years, depending on your individual needs.
How does Invisalign work?
- One of the dentists at McKinney Dentist will create a 3-D model of your teeth before designing your customized treatment plan.
- Our lab technicians will build a series of transparent polymer plastic aligners, which you will wear for 6 months to 2 years, changing them bi-weekly.
- Over time, these aligners gently re-position your teeth, creating the perfect smile for the working adult.
Why do adults prefer Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so you don’t have to feel self-conscious about your smile.
- Invisalign aligners are comfortable. You won’t feel any kind of mouth irritation normally experienced by wearers of traditional metal braces.
- You can still eat the foods you love! With the Invisalign system, you simply remove trays during meals so you don’t have to worry about any kind of mess.
If you feel like Invisalign is the right solution to your smile insecurities, choose McKinney Dentist. McKinney Dentist has a team of dental professionals ready to serve your needs. They also focus on comfort and relaxation during your visit, eliminating the sense of anxiety typically produced by a visit to the dentist.
Some of the individual features of the McKinney Dentist office include free WiFi, coffee and cookies, and a smile reminder. The smile reminder utilizes technology to promote a unique communication between dentist and patient. For example, you may receive a friendly text message from the McKinney office reminding you about your appointment.
McKinney Dentist also offers a plethora of other dental treatments. Not only are these doctors dedicated to improving the physical appearance of your smile, they are also dedicated to maintaining and improving your health.
The doctors at McKinney Dentist have years of experience, and promise to provide you with superior service, making your smile something to be proud of. If you are interested in the Invisalign system, or have any other dental needs, contact the doctors at McKinney Dentist at 972-547-6453.