Fixed Bridges - McKinney, TX
Porcelain Bridges: Healthy and Effective Tooth Replacement Option
If you have a gap in your mouth that is caused by missing teeth, you might be a candidate for our porcelain fixed bridge or a removable bridge.
To understand this dental service, a few fundamental elements must be understood.
- A fixed bridge consists of 2 anchor crowned teeth (called abutment teeth), along with a false tooth in the middle (called a pontic).
- In order for a bridge to be fully supported, the abutment teeth must be strong and healthy.
- If healthy teeth are unavailable, we can place dental implants to further secure the bridge.
Therefore, the two prerequisites for placing a fixed dental bridge are: one or two adjacent teeth missing, and healthy teeth on both sides of this gap.
Dental bridges can be crafted by using metal, porcelain, or a combination of both materials, and can last approximately 10 to 20 years with adequate oral care. When we choose to use porcelain, our McKinney bridges will be custom color-shaded to match your tooth’s natural color— no one will even know you have a porcelain bridge!
The porcelain fixed bridge is meant to be a durable, stable solution for patients who want to:
- Improve jaw, bite, and chewing functions
- Improve speech articulation
- Reposition surrounding teeth
- Improve internal structure of your mouth (this creates a youthful aesthetic appearance)
On the other hand, a removable bridge can be detached for daily cleaning and before sleeping. This type of bridge is the best option for patients who have:
- Multiple missing teeth
- Weak teeth that are adjacent (nearby) to the gap
- All back teeth are missing
Our skilled and highly experienced dentists can usually prepare and place your bridge in two office visits. During your first office visit, one of our dentists will apply a local anesthetic so we can prepare your abutment teeth.
If you have a gap in your mouth that is caused by missing teeth, you might be a suitable candidate for our McKinney porcelain fixed bridge or a removable bridge.
- At this point, an impression is made, which will be utilized by the laboratory to create your custom-fit dental bridge.
- In the meantime, until your permanent bridge is created, a temporary bridge will be made for you.
- Your second office visit will consist of fitting and attaching your porcelain fixed bridge.
- Now you don’t have to worry about those missing teeth anymore!
If you or a family member is interested in this excellent tooth replacement solution, one of our McKinney Dentists, Dr. Berlin, Dr. Markham, or Dr. Lynch will skillfully deliver unparalleled results. Also, if you are unsure that a bridge is the best option, our experienced McKinney dentists will perform a thorough evaluation to provide you with our dental recommendations.
You can call us at 972-547-6453 to schedule your consultation, or your appointment to receive our strong and durable porcelain fixed bridge! We have flexible office hours six days a week, and you can even chat with us online about dental services that interest you!