Many people are unaware that they have sleep apnea and therefore it goes untreated and their lives are not the quality they can be. That is why it is important to know some of the major signs and symptoms of sleep apnea.
Here are a few of the signs and symptoms you may have obstructive sleep apnea:
- In temperament
- Loud or chronic snoring
- Choking, snorting or gasping for breath during sleep
- Long pauses in your breathing
- Daytime sleepiness no matter how much time you spend in bed
- You wake up with a dry mouth or a soar throat
- Have morning headaches
- Restless or fitful sleep
- Insomnia or nighttime awakenings
- Frequently going to the bathroom during the night
- Waking up and feeling out of breath
- Forgetfulness and not being able to concentrate
- Moodiness, irritability, depression, changes in temperament
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or signs, you may have sleep apnea. The first thing you must do is get a sleep study done and get a diagnosis from a certified sleep doctor. If you need help in taking the next step to getting a restful and restorative nights sleep, call our office today…you will be glad you did.