Night Guards: The Solution to Your Problem
You may need a night guard if you experience any of the following painful symptoms, such as:
- Jaw joint pain
- Frequent headaches
- Ringing in your ears
- Damaged and chipped teeth, broken crowns, teeth worn down flat
- Muscle soreness (especially jaw and facial muscles)
- Other miserable side effects
Do you notice yourself consistently having headaches or jaw joint pain? Have you broken one or more teeth or chipped the edges off of your front teeth or crowns?
These could be signs that you might be grinding your teeth while you sleep at night. Doing so can cause significant dental concerns and health problems.
A night guard is a custom-fitted appliance that you wear over your teeth to protect them from night time grinding.
- During sleep we have no control over grinding or clenching, and unfortunately this can cause jaw pain, muscle soreness, cracked teeth, broken crowns and severe wear on your teeth.
- To create a custom-fitted night guard, impressions are taken of the teeth, and from those models, our lab makes a night guard to fit comfortably around your teeth.
- Having a “cushion” between your teeth at night is a great way to preserve your natural teeth, as well as any dental work you have undergone.
At McKinney Dentist, we want to help you and your family obtain a restful night’s sleep, and not wake up with painful symptoms. In order to do this, we recommend that you stop by our McKinney Dentist office in order to see what a night guard can do for you.