Post-Op Instructions for Root Canals
Post-op Instructions: Root Canals
Endodontic treatment can take 1, 2, or 3 appointments depending on the case. It is possible to experience any of the following symptoms after any of these appointments: sensitivity to hot and/or cold; sensitivity to pressure; possible swelling. If you experience swelling, please call our dentists in McKinney, TX immediately, as additional medication may be required.
- One common occurrence with a newly root-canalled tooth is for the tooth to feel “high” when you bite your teeth together. If this occurs it will cause your tooth to stay sensitive for a longer period of time. Please call us if your bite feels “high” as this problem is easily rectified with a simple bite adjustment.
- A temporary filling may be used to temporarily seal the tooth between visits.
- Be gentle on the tooth while eating until the final restoration is placed.
- The gum tissue could have been irritated during the procedure, and may be sore for a few days together with the anesthetic injection site.
- During endodontic treatment, the nerve, blood, and nutrient supply to the tooth is removed. This will cause the tooth to become brittle and prone to fracturing, which could result in the need to extract the tooth. A full coverage crown is recommended to prevent this from happening.
- A root canal is a therapy, not a cure. It has a high success rate, but almost 4% of them fail. If your root canal fails within a period of 3 years from the date of service, we will either refund the cost of your root canal, or retreat your failed root canal. In addition, if the tooth cannot be saved, the cost of the crown placed in our office will be refunded during that 3-year period. This warranty is null and void if the patient does not maintain their 6-month continuing care cleaning appointments.
Click Below For Your FREE Virtual Smile Consultation
You Can Have A Strong and Natural Looking Smile
Do you have several missing teeth?
Have you had multiple root canals or gum disease?
Is it hard to chew, or do you avoid smiling?
Are you tired of wearing dentures?
Are you missing all your teeth?
A Beautiful And Straight Smile Is Just A Phone Call Away
Having a straight and beautiful smile is what most people want. It can give you more self-confidence and improve your overall oral health. Traditional orthodontics can be unsightly and uncomfortable. Invisalign is the perfect solution for your orthodontic needs.