Tooth-Colored Fillings - McKinney, TX
Creating Natural, Beautiful Smiles with Our Tooth-Colored Composite Fillings
Do you have unsightly silver or dark-colored fillings that you desperately want replaced or upgraded? Would you rather have a filling that looks exactly like your natural tooth instead? Does the mercury in your mouth concern you?
McKinney Dentist offers a solution for these problems: tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite white fillings, or composite resins. This is a significant upgrade option and delivers magnificent, attractive results. In fact, other people will not even notice you have a filling at all!
- Our tooth-colored fillings are just that— fillings that mimic the natural appearance of your tooth.
- They are made from a resin (a silicon dioxide-filled plastic mixture) material that is bonded to your tooth.
- Most of all, these natural fillings are durable and beautiful.
You might be wondering what the advantages are between composite white fillings and traditional silver (or amalgam) fillings. We present them here:
- Composites are color-matched to your natural tooth’s shade.
- Composites have a long lifespan— lasting from 7-10 years (depending on your at-home dental regimen).
- We do not have to remove a substantial amount of your tooth structure. MckinneyDentist.com believes in conservative dentistry, which means we strive to keep as much of your natural tooth as possible, no matter which type of cosmetic dental procedure we perform.
- The composite bond produces a strong support for your tooth, which means it’s less susceptible to breakage and temperature changes.
- Composites have minimal, post-operative consequences. Some of our patients experience mild and temporary sensitivity immediately following the placement, but this subsides rather quickly.
- If they become damaged, they are easily reparable.
Notice how composite white fillings transform your teeth to look natural and more appealing than traditional silver fillings.
We also provide you with some precautions and tips for long-term, daily care of your tooth-colored composite resins:
- Avoid chewing excessively hard foods (raw carrots, ice, etc) on the filled teeth, just as you would with your natural teeth.
- If swelling, intense pain, or a “high” bite (not correctly balanced) occurs, please call our McKinney Dentists immediately for additional treatment.
- The gum tissue might be sore for a few days following the procedure.
- Frequent consumption of alcohol might destroy them over time, so limiting your intake is beneficial for your oral health.
Composite white fillings transform your teeth to look natural and more appealing than traditional silver fillings.
Whether you have a cavity, or would like a filling upgrade (need to replace your old fillings), we encourage you to call us for an appointment. We are confident to deliver unparalleled results to keep you and your family happy and smiling! Call us today at 972-54-SMILE (972-547-6453).