Put limbic statement here.
Dental Cleanings Keep Your Teeth Healthy, Beautiful and Bright
If you haven’t been in for a cleaning in a while, call us today.
Let’s get that smile looking its best!
Top-Quality Dental Hygiene from McKinney Dentist
To avoid more serious health problems, it is vital to prevent the buildup of dangerous bacteria by a routine cleaning and polishing from McKinney Dentist.
Plaque and tartar (calculus) form on our teeth. Plaque is soft and sticky and can usually be brushed off at home using your toothbrush. However, tartar is plaque that has hardened on the tooth surface. It forms above and below the gum line (like a splinter in your gums), and can only be removed with dental instruments.
- Professional cleanings by our highly qualified hygienists can be viewed as a preventive measure to destroy harmful bacteria, plaque, and tartar that creates serious dental and health issues.
- It is now clear that the bacteria that causes gum disease can be directly related to heart disease, diabetes, and many other diseases.
- With professional cleanings from McKinney Dentist, you can be assured that you are taking an important, proactive measure to prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and a host of other dental and health problems.
Our hygienists also polish your teeth. This process is completed to make the tooth’s surface more smooth, as the smoother your tooth, the harder it is for plaque or tartar to build up. We use a small, motorized rubber cup (called a prophy cup) combined with an abrasive polishing paste. Sometimes in tougher, more severe cases, a special air polisher and baking soda formula is used to get rid of stubborn stains.
This painless procedure will produce a squeaky-clean mouth that can actually reverse bacterial growth in your mouth!
- Depending on your oral hygiene, or level of buildup or infection, our dentists might suggest a deep cleaning.
- This treatment involves scaling (to remove stubborn tartar at the gumline), ARESTIN® (antibiotic to eliminate bacterial infection), or root planing (to smooth areas of plaque buildup).
- By combining these three services, your mouth will be cleaner and healthier than you ever thought possible!
Your dental health is very important, as poor dental hygiene can develop into more serious health problems, such as gingivitis, periodontal disease, and even heart disease. As you can see, your dental health is not something to be taken lightly, so let the dental hygiene professionals at McKinney Dentist take care of all of your cleaning and polishing needs. Don’t wait another day!
To schedule your cleaning and polishing appointment, contact our McKinney Dentist office today! Our hygienists are ready to clean and polish your pearly whites!
We believe that every patient has a right to our very best.
// 5 Reasons Why
McKinneyDentist.com is the region's leading dental practice.
01. Dental Implants
Have missing or bad teeth? Implants help you chew and smile with confidence. LEARN MORE...
02. Cosmetic Dentistry
The Berlin Smileᵀᴹ - Bringing your inner beauty to the surface by creating your dream smile. LEARN MORE...
Ready for beautiful straight teeth without metal braces? Invisalign aligners guide your teeth to the perfect position. LEARN MORE...
04. Family Dentistry
Want to take care of your entire family's dental needs in the same place at the same time? LEARN MORE...
05. Emergency Dentistry
Have you broken or chipped a tooth? Are you in pain? We'll take care of you right now. LEARN MORE...