Put limbic statement here.
Post-Op Instructions for Crowns
- Temporaries are not strong. They may break or come off occasionally. If so, slip it back on the tooth with some Fixodent™ (denture adhesive), and call our McKinney dentist office for an appointment. Please do not leave the temporary out of your mouth because the teeth will move and the final restoration will not fit. Please floss as directed.
- The size, shape, and color of the temporary does not resemble the final restoration.
- Temporary restorations may leak saliva or food onto the tooth. Sensitivity to hot, cold, pressure, or sweets is not uncommon. If you feel the bite is not correctly balanced, please call for an appointment for a simple adjustment.
- After the final cementation of your restoration, it may take a few days to get used to the new crown or bridge. Hot and cold sensitivity is possible for a few weeks and occasionally lasts for several months. As with the temporary, if the bite doesn’t feel balanced, please call us.
- Do not chew hard or sticky foods on the restoration for 24 hours from the time they were cemented. The cement must set up during this time to have optimum strength.
- Proper brushing, flossing, and regular 6-month (minimal) cleanings are required to help you retain your final restoration. The only area that a crowned tooth can decay is at the edge of the crown at the gum line. Often, small problems that develop around the restorations can be found at an early stage and corrected easily, but waiting for a longer time may require redoing the entire restoration.
Important Information on Crowns
- Gold and porcelain crowns are the same for practically all cases, except that porcelain can chip. Approximately 1 out of every 100 porcelain crowns chip and need replacement. This will never happen with gold crowns. This should be taken into consideration when choosing between a porcelain and gold crown.
We believe that every patient has a right to our very best.
We are dedicated to offering the best dental care to our neighbors in McKinney, TX and surrounding areas such as Plano, Allen, Frisco, Prosper, and the greater Dallas/Fort Worth region.
// 5 Reasons Why
McKinneyDentist.com is the region's leading dental practice.
01. Dental Implants
Have missing or bad teeth? Implants help you chew and smile with confidence. LEARN MORE...
02. Cosmetic Dentistry
The Berlin Smileᵀᴹ - Bringing your inner beauty to the surface by creating your dream smile. LEARN MORE...
Ready for beautiful straight teeth without metal braces? Invisalign aligners guide your teeth to the perfect position. LEARN MORE...
04. Family Dentistry
Want to take care of your entire family's dental needs in the same place at the same time? LEARN MORE...
05. Emergency Dentistry
Have you broken or chipped a tooth? Are you in pain? We'll take care of you right now. LEARN MORE...