Put limbic statement here.
Post-Op Instructions for Fillings
Once our North Texas dentists have restored your teeth with tooth-colored materials, these restorations will serve you well for several years. The resin (plastic) material used contains small “filler” particles of glass-like material for strength and wear resistance. They contain the finest and most up-to-date materials available today. However, you should be aware of the following information about your new restorations:
- As with natural teeth, avoid chewing excessively hard foods on the filled teeth (hard candy, ice, raw carrots, etc.) because the resin material can break under extreme forces.
- Composite fillings set up hard right away. There is no waiting time to eat. Children should be observed until the anesthetic wears off. Due to the strange feeling of the anesthetic, many children will chew the inside of their lips, cheeks, or tongue, which can cause serious damage.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold is common for a few weeks following a dental restoration. Usually, the deeper the cavity, the more sensitive the tooth will be. If you feel the bite is not correctly balanced, please call for an appointment for a simple adjustment.
- The gum tissue could have been irritated during the procedure and may be sore for a few days together with the anesthetic injection site.
- The finished restoration may be contoured slightly different, and have a different texture than the original tooth. Your tongue usually magnifies this small difference, but you will become accustomed to this in a few days.
When a tooth has a cavity, the dentist removes the decay and fills the hole with filling material, in which the tooth supports the filling. When you get a cavity that takes up more than half of the tooth, a crown is indicated. A crown covers the entire tooth and holds the tooth together.
Sometimes we place a filling, thinking there is enough tooth to hold the filling, when actually the tooth’s job is bigger than the filling can handle. The tooth then starts to break away because it can no longer support the filling. In this case we will credit the cost of the filling towards the cost of the crown.
We believe that every patient has a right to our very best.
// 5 Reasons Why
McKinneyDentist.com is the region's leading dental practice.
01. Dental Implants
Have missing or bad teeth? Implants help you chew and smile with confidence. LEARN MORE...
02. Cosmetic Dentistry
The Berlin Smileᵀᴹ - Bringing your inner beauty to the surface by creating your dream smile. LEARN MORE...
Ready for beautiful straight teeth without metal braces? Invisalign aligners guide your teeth to the perfect position. LEARN MORE...
04. Family Dentistry
Want to take care of your entire family's dental needs in the same place at the same time? LEARN MORE...
05. Emergency Dentistry
Have you broken or chipped a tooth? Are you in pain? We'll take care of you right now. LEARN MORE...