Post-Op Instructions for Root Canals
- Endodontic treatment can take 1, 2, or 3 appointments depending on the case. It is possible to experience any of the following symptoms after any of these appointments: sensitivity to hot and/or cold; sensitivity to pressure; possible swelling. If you experience swelling, please call our dentists in McKinney, TX immediately, as additional medication may be required.
- One common occurrence with a newly root-canalled tooth is for the tooth to feel “high” when you bite your teeth together. If this occurs it will cause your tooth to stay sensitive for a longer period of time. Please call us if your bite feels “high” as this problem is easily rectified with a simple bite adjustment.
- A temporary filling may be used to temporarily seal the tooth between visits.
- Be gentle on the tooth while eating until the final restoration is placed.
- The gum tissue could have been irritated during the procedure, and may be sore for a few days together with the anesthetic injection site.
- During endodontic treatment, the nerve, blood, and nutrient supply to the tooth is removed. This will cause the tooth to become brittle and prone to fracturing, which could result in the need to extract the tooth. A full coverage crown is recommended to prevent this from happening.
- A root canal is a therapy, not a cure. It has a high success rate, but almost 4% of them fail. If your root canal fails within a period of 3 years from the date of service, we will either refund the cost of your root canal, or retreat your failed root canal. In addition, if the tooth cannot be saved, the cost of the crown placed in our office will be refunded during that 3-year period. This warranty is null and void if the patient does not maintain their 6-month continuing care cleaning appointments.
We believe that every patient has a right to our very best.
We are dedicated to offering the best dental care to our neighbors in McKinney, TX and surrounding areas such as Plano, Allen, Frisco, Prosper, and the greater Dallas/Fort Worth region.
// 5 Reasons Why
McKinneyDentist.com is the region's leading dental practice.
01. Dental Implants
Have missing or bad teeth? Implants help you chew and smile with confidence. LEARN MORE...
02. Cosmetic Dentistry
The Berlin Smileᵀᴹ - Bringing your inner beauty to the surface by creating your dream smile. LEARN MORE...
Ready for beautiful straight teeth without metal braces? Invisalign aligners guide your teeth to the perfect position. LEARN MORE...
04. Family Dentistry
Want to take care of your entire family's dental needs in the same place at the same time? LEARN MORE...
05. Emergency Dentistry
Have you broken or chipped a tooth? Are you in pain? We'll take care of you right now. LEARN MORE...