Do you experience bleeding when you brush or floss your teeth, but often overlook this symptom? Did you know this is a sign of gum disease, and if not treated effectively and in a timely manner, could lead to other dental issues? If you are concerned that you might have gum disease and are interested in treatment, McKinney Dentist offers excellent dental care.
Stages of gum disease
In our 75+ years of experience, we successfully treated gum disease in many patients who are in any phase of gum disease, such as:
- Gingivitis—the first stage of gum disease when symptoms initially appear
- Periodontitis—in this stage, irreversible damage to your teeth and gums can occur if not treated effectively and in a timely manner
- Advanced Periodontitis—this is the most advanced stage of gum disease in which some patients experience significant tooth loss
Can gum disease be life-threatening?
Did you know that scientific research found that gum disease is linked to various life-threatening diseases? Researchers found linkages between gum disease and diabetes, stroke, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, premature births, and respiratory problems. McKinney Dentist does not want you or your family to experience such unfortunate consequences, which is why we offer successful gum disease treatment to our patients.
Symptoms of gum disease
One scary part about gum (periodontal) disease is that some patients who have symptoms do not realize they are related to gum disease. One common, overlooked symptom of gum disease is bleeding gums. Other symptoms of gum disease include:
- Adaptations to the way your teeth fit together when you bite down (known as your “bite”)
- Swollen, sensitive, and red gums
- Bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth on a consistent basis
- Liquid (resembling pus) between your gums and teeth
- Bleeding gums when flossing or brushing
- Gum recession (when your gumline recedes and moves away from your tooth)
- Gums that are separated from your tooth
If you or a family member experience one or more of these symptoms, we highly encourage you to schedule your consultation with us today. The earlier you address your symptoms, the less likely they will advance to later stages of gum disease. Prompt action is paramount for early detection and effective treatment.
Receiving your gum disease treatment in North Texas by McKinney Dentist is your first step to combating the war against gum disease. You shouldn’t wait any longer to achieve healthy, beautiful gums and teeth!