Custom Teeth Shading
Cosmetic dentistry requires a level of artistry to get results that look natural and don’t call attention to themselves. As with any other art form, not all artists are created equally. When it comes to teeth shading, the differences between the skill levels of different cosmetic dentists can be observed. The true artists tend to do custom teeth shading in-house.
Here’s an overview of the custom teeth shading process:
- The veneer is color-matched from a palette to other teeth
- The veneer is painted and shaded to blend with the other teeth
- The veneer is cured in a ceramic oven
- The veneer is temporarily applied to the tooth for the patient’s review
- The veneer’s color is adjusted for a better match until the patient is happy
- The veneer is permanently placed on the tooth
The intimacy of the custom teeth shading process affords patients a much more realistic result when compared to dental offices the work with third-party labs. Instead of waiting days or weeks for the shaded veneer to return, a cosmetic dentist or ceramic arts can make major and minor adjustments while you wait. And because you know an office with an in-house lab can make even minor adjustments right-way, you’re less likely to feel pressured to settle for “acceptable” instead of holding out for “perfect.”
More on Veneers and Custom Teeth Shading in McKinney, TX
Take a moment to schedule a consultation with a local dentist to learn more about your options for porcelain veneers and custom teeth shading in McKinney, TX.